CHILDREN ON CLICHES
- A teacher gave her fourth-grade students the beginning of a
list of famous sayings and asked them to provide original endings for
each one. Here are some examples of what they submitted:
- As you shall make your bed so shall you.....Mess it up.
- Better be safe than.....Punch a 5th grader.
- Strike while the.....Bug is close.
- Don't bite the hand that.....Looks dirty.
- A miss is as good as a.....Mister.
- You can't teach an old dog new.....Math.
- The pen is mightier than the.....Pigs.
- An idle mind is.....The best way to relax.
- Happy the bride who.....Gets all the presents.
- A penny saved is.....Not worth much.
- Two's company, three's.....The Musketeers.
- When the blind leadeth the blind.....Get out of the way.
- Where there's smoke, there's.....Pollution.
- Children should be seen and not.....Spanked or grounded.
- A rolling stone.....Plays the guitar.
- A bird in the hand is.....A real mess.
- No news is.....No newspaper.
- No news is.....Impossible.
- It's better to light one candle than to.....Waste electricity.
- It's always darkest just before.....I open my eyes.
- It's always darkest before.....Daylight savings time.
- It's always darkest before.....9:30 p.m.
- You have nothing to fear but....homework.
- If you can't stand the heat.....Don't start the fireplace.
- If you can't stand the heat.....Go swimming.
- Never put off 'til tomorrow what you.....Should have done yesterday.
- Never put off 'til tomorrow what.....you put on to go to bed.
- Never underestimate the power of.....Termites.
- If you lie down with the dogs.....You'll stink in the morning.
- The squeaking wheel gets.....Annoying.
- We have nothing to fear but.....Our principal.
- To err is human.....To eat a muskrat is not.
- I think, therefore I.....Get a headache.
- Better to light a candle than to.....Light an explosive.
- Early to bed and early to rise.....Is first in the bathroom.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a.....Blister.
- There is nothing new under the.....Bed.
- The grass is always greener.....When you leave the sprinkler on.
- The grass is always greener.....When you put manure on it.
- Don't count your chickens.....It takes too long.
- Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and.....You have
to blow your nose.
- Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and.....Someone yells, "
- You can lead a horse to water but.....How?
- Love all, trust.....Me.
- None are so blind as.....Helen Keller.
- If at first you don't succeed.....Get new batteries.
- You get out of something what you.....See pictured on the box.
to the top
[ FREE Offers|
About Nancee ]
| Sun Signs|
© 2013 All rights reserved. Nancee Belshaw. All rights reserved.